Online Psychology Degrees
Have you always been interested in human behavior and psyche? Ever wondered what the link is between our biology and mental processes? Well, if such things interest you then an Online Degree in Psychology is something you should consider. An Online Degree in Psychology can be pursued at the associate, undergraduate and graduate level. Online Associate’s Degree An associate’s degree will usually take two years to complete, and prepare you …Read more ↓
Have you always been interested in human behavior and psyche? Ever wondered what the link is between our biology and mental processes? Well, if such things interest you then an Online Degree in Psychology is something you should consider.
An Online Degree in Psychology can be pursued at the associate, undergraduate and graduate level.
Online Associate’s Degree
- An associate’s degree will usually take two years to complete, and prepare you for work in fields such as social work, probation and corrections, caregiving and recreational therapy, to name a few.
Online Bachelor’s Degree
- The Bachelor of Science in Psychology provides an opportunity to study the application of psychology in the workplace and places a stronger emphasis on business courses so that you can pursue a career in human resource, organizational culture etc.
- The Bachelor of Arts in Psychology provides a broad education in the arts, humanities, and social sciences for students who are more inclined towards the caregiving and social work aspects of psychology.
Online Master’s Degree
- This two year graduate program is ideal for professionals looking to advance their career, specialize in a specific area or simply looking to gain more knowledge. With a master’s degree, you are one step closer to getting a clinical psychologist’s license. You can choose from sports psychology, chemical dependency, industrial psychology, pastoral counseling, or general psychology etc.
Online Doctorate Degree
- This post graduate degree is the highest qualification that one can attempt in the field, though this is not the same as the professional licensure exams for counselors, etc. The doctorate allows you to customize your study plan and focus on researching elements that most interest you.
Psychology degrees are usually divided into a number of specializations. Students can opt to do a general degree with focus on a specific area of study within it or they can opt for a specialized degree all on its own, in the following fields:
- Child Psychology
- Clinical Psychology
- Sports Psychology
- Executive Coaching
- Research Psychology
You can choose to focus your studies on children and assist them in assimilating better, or help mentally ill patients lead better lives through clinical studies. The options are vast and interesting.
The profession as a whole is expected to grow faster than the average, at about twenty two percent. The median income for psychologists is $68,640, though this would differ according to state, specialization, qualification and position.
The demand for trained psychologists in various fields is expected to grow due to increased demand for psychological services in hospitals, schools, social service agencies, mental health centers, substance abuse treatment clinics and private companies. Those with doctoral degrees in counseling and health psychology are expected to see the greatest demand and returns.
Individuals who have higher qualifications, coupled with research and technology skills will have the greatest advantage. Associate’s or bachelor’s degrees will count towards entry level jobs, which is why it is essential to pursue higher education in conjunction with work experience and get the relevant license to really be successful in this field.
An Online Degree in Psychology is the answer if you are looking to pursue a career in this field. Start with a certificate program or an associate’s degree, and then work your way up from there. Choose an area that appeals to you the most and build your strengths in that area.Read Less ↑