Progress to the Managerial Level with Online Certificate in Management and Leadership
This certificate program is useful for everyone. Anyone who wants to update their skills, advance their career, and simply learn knew valuable tools of management can benefit from this course. Management and leadership is about being effective in the right role at the right time. Situational awareness is critical, and an online certificate can help you develop just that. After the completion of the program you should develop the following …Read more ↓
This certificate program is useful for everyone. Anyone who wants to update their skills, advance their career, and simply learn knew valuable tools of management can benefit from this course. Management and leadership is about being effective in the right role at the right time. Situational awareness is critical, and an online certificate can help you develop just that.
After the completion of the program you should develop the following skills:
- Assess needs and motivation of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Enhance skill in giving and receiving feedback.
- Sharpen your decision-making ability, coach effectively and resolve conflicts.
- Use self-assessment tools to develop your own unique leadership style.
Why This Certificate?
Well, every job requires management and leadership skills. Whether you are a human resource manager, a finance executive or a supply chain manager, your employer will expect you to have good management skills and be the best in the business. Employers are always looking for individuals who can take up leadership positions, and if you can demonstrate that potential, then the doors of opportunities will open for you.
This certificate teaches managers not only how to solve problems, but also to see opportunities these problems may present, and discover new and innovative sources of revenue in those opportunities.
Curriculum Of Online Certificate in Management and Leadership
The curriculum focuses on core business competencies in marketing, finance, organizational processes, change management, and systems thinking.
Some typical courses that students will most definitely encounter are:
- Managing change and ambiguity in the workplace
- Organizational communication strategies
- Corporate financial management
- Essentials of business and marketing
- Business writing and speaking
- Leadership, influence and power
- Talent management and workforce development
- Leadership for entrepreneurs
- Women and leadership
- Action planning and sales management
Through the various courses you will also learn how to employ a variety of self-assessment tools to modify and enhance your own leadership style in pursuit of your leadership certification. Special attention is made to interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills as managers/leaders have to be charismatic, well-groomed and presentable.
Management positions are available in almost every profession known to man. All industries need experienced and efficient managers, and after the completion of the online certificate, graduates can compete for those coveted places. It is important to follow-up the certificate with higher education degrees as well for maximum benefit.
Median salaries for managers differ across industries.
Below are examples of median management salaries according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (2010):
- Administrative Services Managers: $77,890
- Compensation and Benefits Managers: $89,270
- Sales Managers: $98,530
- Human Resources Managers: $99,180
- Top Executives: $101,250
- Financial Managers: $103,910
Since the online track will allow you to continue working, the added value of work experience can propel you to higher success than students who have to leave their education to pursue this degree.Read Less ↑