Earning Your Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN)
An Online Master’s Degree in Nursing is usually 18 to 24 month program that lets a nurse to specialize in a particular area. While the majority of individuals working towards an Online Master’s Degree in Nursing would already have a BSN, there are programs out there that let a nurse with an ADN to earn bachelors and masters degree within a single curriculum.
Path to Online Master’s Degree in Nursing
- RN to MSN program is a popular option among a number of nursing students. This program lets an RN who holds an associate’s degree or diploma in nursing to get a master’s degree soon after completion of a BSN program. The programs are generally adapted in a way that would meet the particular requirements of the student with no overlap between BSN and MSN coursework.
- Direct admission to MSN program allows graduates from non-nursing fields to earn their Online Master’s Degree in Nursing by crediting their liberal arts coursework into the curriculum. Students in this course will have to complete one year of undergraduate nursing coursework together with obtaining RN licensure. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is mandatory by the majority of institutions that offer this program.
Online Master’s Degree in Nursing Specializations
- Advanced Specialist Role. These courses train nurses who would like to take on leadership positions within the nursing career. Consequently, the coursework for this focuses on management, teaching, informatics or research areas. In addition, this is the most general area of specialization selected by a large number of students.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist. Courses in this category train the nurse for a managerial and organizational position within a highly specialized field. The focuses for these programs consist of adult medical and surgical nursing to psychiatric and psychological health nursing.
- Nurse Practitioner. This group of courses focus on expertise essential to identify health threats, promotes wellness, diagnose and handle diseases, recommend medicine, and mobilize resources for patients.
- Nurse Anesthetist. Universities that offer this program train students with the understanding as well as expertise essential to give anesthesia for all sections of the population. Upon completion, you will have earned your Online Master’s Degree in Nursing and become entitled to appear in a national (United States) certification to become a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA).
Start your search here and pursue master’s degree in nursing (MSN) by study nursing online.