10 Quick Tips to Improve Your Test Taking Skills with Online Learning
Christine S. Baker
September 26th, 2011
If you are pursuing an online degree program, you need to take regular tests to demonstrate that you are gaining the knowledge and skills required to effectively complete the course. Even if you enjoy the online degree program there is a great chance that you are confused about how to take online tests. Even smart and intelligent students worry about giving online tests as the format is different from the regular traditional tests. We share 10 tips with you below that will make it easier for you to take online tests.
Tips To Improve Test Taking Skills with Online Learning
- It may sound like common sense, but do not forget to read the directions given by your instructor. Many mistakes can be avoided and confusions can be cleared up by the simple act of reading the instructions.
- Spend time to thoroughly read the paper, at least twice before you attempt it.
- When you are given the paper, allocate appropriate time for each section and then try to remain within the allocated time.
- One of the most critical test taking skills for online degree is organizational skills. Apply the basic skills of organizing the information you have in a way that makes it easier for the evaluator to assess your knowledge.
- Don’t be overwhelmed by the number of questions and essays in the tests. Don’t let the sheer number of questions intimidate you.
- If there is no negative marking in the paper, then attempt all questions, even if you are not sure about the answers.
- Narrow down multiple choice questions to a number of potentially correct answers.
- Allocate half the time given for essay type questions in preparing an outline. An effective outline can help you write an essay that will score good marks.
- Don’t provide answers copied directly from notes and e-papers. Evaluators always appreciate new perspectives.
- Look at the marks allotted for each section and then determine the length of the answer accordingly.
Apart from these tips, standard test taking skills should also be employed, like the questions should be answered in a strategic order, the easy ones should be answered first, obvious incorrect answers should be eliminated. Also review the answers to check for any errors or wrong marking.
If you follow these tips, then online test taking would become a breeze for you. Remember adequate knowledge of the subject is not enough; you need to not only work hard but also to work smart by applying these tips to score good marks.
Tags: Online Degree Programs, Online Learning, Online Test, Test Taking Skills
Distance Learning, Online Degree Program |
No Comments »