Online Masters Degree in Nursing
A Master’s degree in nursing prepares you with the skills and advanced training necessary to deliver high-quality nursing care in a variety of settings within the health care environment. One of the most convenient ways to earn your Master’s in Nursing Degree (MSN) is through an accredited online nursing degree program. Accredited online Nursing Master’s degree programs are available from a growing number of accredited online nursing schools in an easy and convenient format designed with the working nurse in mind.
Background Info about Master’s in Nursing Care
Nurses who graduate with an MSN degree are called Advanced Practice Nurses. As an Advanced Practice Nurse, you will provide health care services that are commonly delivered by physicians, and you will focus on one of four advanced practice areas such as:
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS)
- Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM)
- Certified Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
- Nurse Practitioner (NP)
MSN Salary and Employment Outlook
Nursing is the largest healthcare occupation in the Unites States. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), nurses earn median of $52,330 annually. And with the baby boomers retiring daily and medical technology constantly evolving, an advanced healthcare degree is the best prescription for job opportunities and advancing your career.
Explore online master’s degrees in nursing from reputable accredited online colleges and universities:
- South University – South University, Online Programs is designed to cater to your needs with small classes that allow for individualized attention, qualified instructors who bring a wealth of knowledge to the classroom, customized learning environments, and challenging curricula that’s geared toward your career goals.
- Kaplan University School of Nursing – When you enroll in Kaplan University School of Nursing online, you will enjoy the flexibility of pursuing your educational goals from the convenience of your own home or anywhere you have Internet access.
- Walden University – You understand the needs of your patients and your organization—but you see the opportunities for improvement in the nursing profession. With Walden University’s online degree programs in nursing, you can become an agent of change and a leader in your field.
- Capella University – Online Capella University provides working adults the opportunity to earn online degrees in a variety of demanding fields. As an accredited university, Capella delivers a challenging education to more than 23,000 students.
Nurses continue to enjoy thriving employment growth opportunities and benefits. If an MSN degree is your goal, now is the perfect time to start your nursing education online and prepare yourself for an incredibly rewarding career.