Career Training as Online Creative Writer
Christine S. Baker
December 6th, 2010
Career training as an online creative writer can be a wonderful way to get your thoughts on paper. If you’re good at putting together your thoughts and ideas and turning them into words, this could be a good fit for you. Individuals interested in pursuing an online creative writing career can explore a variety of writing programs and degrees both online or offline. Creative writers can put their creativity in fields of publishing, content writing for websites, marketing, public relations, research, and freelance work.
Online Creative Writing Courses and Programs
To become a professional creative writer you will need an advanced degree. Entry-level creative writing jobs may only require some formal training from an accredited college or university, while others may require experience in writing or on-the-job training and specialized skills. Many online colleges, universities and technical schools offer different types of writing courses and programs for individuals that enjoys writing and wants to pursue a creative writing career. Individuals looking to pursue a bachelor’s degree in creative writing or master’s degree in creative writing should check with the university’s arts and humanities department or the English department to get started. There are also free creative writing courses online; you should check those out as well.
5 Ways to Improve Your Creative Writing Skills
- Look for inspiration. Write a story about a childhood memory or look around you, write about what you see and make it unique. It is also a good idea to read other peoples’ writing to get ideas about what to write about. Read as much as possible, this will help to improve your writing and give you ideas about what to write about also.
- Write every day. The key to creative writing is to keep writing about anything and everything that comes to mind. You’ll be amazed at the ideas you can come up with in the shower or when driving to work. Make sure you have a notebook and pen or a recorder handy at all times so you don’t miss the opportunity to job down ideas that come to mind.
- Write don’t think too much. When jotting down your thoughts on paper, don’t worry too much about your grammar, spelling or punctuation. Just keep writing those thoughts down: these little things can be fixed later.
- Start a blog. Another good ideas to help improve your writing is to start a blog and write about whatever it is you’re interested in, preferably something you’re passionate about. Maybe you could write about your hobby or something you have knowledge about.
- Try to be original. When writing make it unique. Don’t try to be like someone else, use their ideas but add you own little twist to it. Use all five senses in your writing, be descriptive and keep your readers interested and anticipating more.
Career training as an online creative writer is the best way to pursue a professional writing career. Writers usually enjoy many wonderful benefits and attractive jobs opportunities. This could be the dream job you’ve been longing for.
Tags: Career Training, Online Writing Degrees
Career Advice |
2 Comments »