Choosing Top Online Accredited Colleges – Be Wise!!
Christine S. Baker
June 10th, 2009
Online Colleges becoming the order of the day more and more colleges are coming up promising a bright career choice for students. The question here is about the legitimacy of these institutions. Considering the benefits offered by online educational programs, even students who otherwise are eligible to attend to regular college courses opt for online courses. With growing demand for online courses, the standard of education and method of training online have been improved tremendously ensuring that students no way repent for not taking up regular educational programs. While advantages are just one side of the coin, the disadvantages are dreadful.
Illegitimate or Bogus Colleges
Whenever discussions on online college courses or colleges crop up the topic on illegitimate colleges and diploma mills is a definite supplement. Carrying names similar to that of established institutions and extensive advertisements alone are not going to help an educational program or online college a success. Everything depends upon the course curriculum. You can get degree or diploma certifications say within few days or even weeks, or just after payment of course fee. Does this amount to education or business? Such bogus institutions certainly pose a challenge to legitimate institutions who take efforts to prove their stand.
How To Choose Online Accredited Colleges Wisely?
Certain careful analysis is sure to help you proceed confidently irrespective of the nature of threat one is likely to face. Look into the following points before you proceed enrolling for online courses
- Make sure to avoid schools that offer degrees and certifications through online evaluation tests without supervision.
- Where an educational institution does not provide information about American Council of Education (ACE’s) requirements and official test centre. Be wary! It could be diploma mill.
- Mostly importantly the school of your choice should be accredited with recognized institutions in the state. Consumer affairs office, attorney generals office and state educational offices will be able to assist you in this.
- It is important that you get the required information about the school, standard of education offered and the institution’s qualification. It is important to insist upon the details needed and have a reference before joining the course of study.
- Find out what is that you are paying for. Ensure the course to be undertaken by you is accepted by your employer or educational institution in which you would like to proceed after the degree or certification. Getting an Online Degree is one thing but getting it from an accredited college is another. Value the worth of your expenditure and time.
- You should compare the courses and the services offered by various institutions before proceeding to enroll. It is only when you compare, you get the real picture.
- It often becomes difficult to make accurate judgments about the legitimacy of the institution; hence it would be a better option to take references and reviews about the performance of the course and institution per se.
- When it comes to payment, it is better to make payment through credit card. These credit card companies offer consumer protection against bogus sales and help in getting refunds of the amount so paid to illegitimate institutions.
While these are some of the points you should keep in mind while choosing the right accredited online institution, you can feel free to post any other issues you have come across for the benefit of our readers.
Tags: Accredited College, Accredited Colleges Online, Online College, Online Degree
Accredited Degree, Online College, Online Education |
11 Comments »