Are you looking forward to join Online Degree Program? You have come to the right place. You will find answers to almost all of your questions and queries, helping you to be better informed about your decision to enroll for an online educational program.
Let’s start attacking your queries right away.
Is Online Degree Program a right choice of study?
Well, the suitability of the choice of study depends upon your lifestyle and choice of subject you are willing to study. If you are someone who is into a full time job and juggling between the responsibilities of work, family and other social commitments then online educational programs like the degree course offers you the flexibility to work and study at the time of your convenience and complete your degree without any hassles and any compromises.
Gone are the days when individuals were simply unfortunate on their educational front as they could not spare time for a regular campus study routine. Neither, where they in a position to give up their jobs nor where they able to go higher up on their career ladder. With number of institutions offering online educational programs you have a whole lot to choose from. Recognizing the growth of online educational programs, regular reputed colleges have also started offering online courses in order to capture the students market given their shift in focus towards online educational programs.
How will an online educational environment feel like?
Online educational environment has certainly no resemblance with regular campus colleges. Face to face interaction and communication with professors and students is not possible. Instead what you will have is a virtual environment, where you will meet your friends and professors through chat rooms and instant messaging services. It is possible for you to work as a group through this virtual environment.
How do I benefit from applying for these online educational programs?
It is the benefits offered by online educational program which attracts students from across the world to enroll for such courses. The advantages are many. Listing of them for your reference.
- Flexibility and Ease:
- No physical mobility required.
- No time restrictions on taking lessons. You can access the classes at any time during the day.
- You can access the study materials from anywhere in the world. From where you can study is completely immaterial.
- Access classes and lectures as per your convenience.
- No prescribed learning speed compulsion.
- Course materials can be downloaded and read as per your convenience.
- If you are person suffering from mobility problems may be due to health or other reasons this course is most suitable.
- Cost and Choice of Online Education:
- Wide range of courses to choose from. Even the rarest of courses are now available online.
- Graduation, certification and vocational programs are available.
- Specialization courses and continuing education programs are available.
- Courses are available at varying fee structures enabling you to make a choice that fits your budget.
- Positive Retention Rate:
- Online courses mainly depend upon the choice and preference of students hence the best is offered to retain them.
- Interesting and wide variety of learning techniques are used to keep up
student’s interest in the courses offered.
Technological advancements and tools greatly help in collaborative group learning process and helps group interaction without students facing each other in person.
Remember it is an online classroom and technological advancements will give you access to the whole world of online resources and communities which you can never imagine in an offline class room. You get the best and the latest of everything.
What are the disadvantages of online educational programs?
Well, like advantages there are certain disadvantages which one should consider before enrolling for any online courses.
- The online course which you are planning to undertake may not be recognized by your employer or other educational institutions.
- Online schools and universities are no way less costly than regular colleges, hence your salary hike is not substantial you may end up in trouble.
- The factor called social stigma is still attached to online educational distance learning programs with reference to their quality of education and evaluation.
- While learning online has been improved offering the best quality, still not all courses can be studied online, especially those which requires hands on practical experience and exposure.
- Unlike regular college study, online programs are more of self oriented programs that require a lot of self motivation to study and sustain.
- Physical interaction and experience is just not possible in an online atmosphere.
What do you mean by course credits points earned based on experience?
Course credit is the recognition by colleges and universities that a particular course of study has been completed by a student. It depends upon the number of hours of study completed by the student. The credit points based on experience can be acquired through the following activities